Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pork Chops and Potatoes

From the 30 Minutes Meals Cookbook

6 pork chops
1 tsp seasoned salt
1 Tbl canola oil
1 10.75 oz can cream of celery soup
2/3 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 Tbl dried onions
3 cups frozen shredded hash browns
1 cup French fried onions

Sprinkle pork chops with seasoned salt and brown in oil on both sides. Combine soup, milk and sour cream until smooth. Add salt, pepper, cheese and onions. Mix in hash brown potatoes (do not thaw potatoes). Place in greased foil baking pan. Arrange chops on top of potatoes. Press down. Cover with extra heavy foil. Label and freeze.

To serve: Thaw. Bake covered, 1 hour at 350ยบ. Uncover, top with French fried onions (optional). Bake 10 minutes.

6 Servings

1 comment:

Savanna Sorensen said...

The pork chops that I bought were so big that I could only fit four in a pan. I figured that would be enough for 6 people to eat, even if they are adults. Let me know though if it isn't enough meat and I'll make sure I put six in next time...if there is a next time. :)