Friday, February 11, 2011

Cream Cheese Chicken and Broccoli

**This recipe is taken from my mom Lesa Gunn and our many Sunday dinners over the years. **

12 chicken tenders
1 8oz pkg cream cheese
1 10.75oz can cream of celery soup
1 (dry) Italian Dressing packet
1 16oz bag of frozen chopped broccoli

Dump everything but the broccoli in a crockpot. Stir together. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6. The last hour of cooking add the broccoli. (How crispy you like your broccoli depends on how long you let it cook in the crockpot.)
Serve over rice.

Calories: 483
Total Fat: 33
Sat. Fat: 12
Carbs: 26
Fiber: 4
Sugar: 3
Protein: 22

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I don't know if I did something wrong, but the sauce curdled and was very lumpy. I thawed it in the fridge. It sounds great, but maybe not as a freezer meal.

Savanna Sorensen said...

That's too bad about the dinner. I'm actually surprised that happened because several people that have eaten it haven't had any problems. For the future, you can always add milk to help thin it down and that might help.

Bobbi said...

I thawed mine in the fridge and it looked a little chunky but I threw it in the crock pot and once it was warm it mixed all together. My family loved it.