Monday, October 11, 2010

Creamy Chicken and Pasta

Ingredients

    3 Cups uncooked pasta
    1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
    1 (12-oz) Evaporated Milk
    1/3 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
    3 Cups Cooked Chopped Chicken
    1/3 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese

Directions

Cook noodles in boiling, salted water for 2 min. LESS than the shortest time recommended on pkg. Drain. Combine soup, milk and cheeses. Stir in chicken and pasta.

To serve: Thaw- baked covered for 45 min. at 350. Then remove cover and bake 10 additional min.


Nutritional Info
  • Servings Per Recipe: 6
  • Calories: 585.9
  • Total Fat: 26.4 g
  • Cholesterol: 158.8 mg
  • Total Carbs: 25.2 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 0.5 g
  • Protein: 59.5 g

2 comments:

Savanna Sorensen said...

I wanted to comment on your pasta...and don't think I'm picking on you because I think this is relavent to every pasta dish...but I think the dish was a little dry. I loved the flavor and I thought the pasta wasn't overcooked, it was just too dry. I think that could either be fixed by making the sauce a little thinner (add milk or water) and/or make sure the shells are completely covered.
My mom and I have made freezer ready manicotti in the past and the cook book said to make sure all the pasta shells were completely covered in sauce or they would dry out. I think you can apply that principle to every pasta dish.
Just a thought. Other than that we all really liked the dish.

(Feel free to make comments about my dish. And please don't be offended by the comments.)

Bobbi said...

Hey just saw this..... I never feel picked on. I belong to the Loosli family and ya better have tough skin. I will try adding milk for sure. Thanks for the hint.