Thursday, October 7, 2010

Recipe/ nutritional value

Better late than never! So both my recipes/ info are here for your careful perusal

Divine Crock-Pot Chicken
(regular recipe says 5-6 chicken breasts, but this time I did 4. All my nutritional info is based on 4 chicken breasts, FYI)

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of celery soup
1 can (10.5 oz) cream of mushroom soup
1 envelope (1 oz) dry onion soup mix
1 tsp dried parsley

Directions:
Put chicken in crock pot (can be totally frozen)
Combine the rest of ingredients and pour over chicken
Cook on low for 4-6 hours
Serve over rice or pasta

Calories 183.3
Calories from fat 58
Fat 6.4 grams
Fiber .7 gram
Carbs 10.5 grams
Protein 20 grams

** I threw 3 potatoes (washed and cut up, but not peeled) in the crock pot and they were delicious. As mentioned we served this over rice. We also had some delicious jello. Sorry it is not more creative, but in my house they are grateful for just about anything so I don't try to make it fancy.


September meal: Ritzy Chicken (regular recipe says 5-6 chicken breasts, but they seemed so big I only did 3, if you feel ripped off I'll reimburse you. All my nutritional info is based on 3 chicken breasts, FYI) 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (pounded out) 2 cups smashed Ritz crackers (about 45 crackers or 2 sleeves) 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese 1/4 tsp parsley 1/4 tsp salt 1/8 tsp pepper 1/8 tsp garlic powder (I always use more for my own) 1/2 cup melted margarine or butter 1/3 cup apple juice Calories 248.7 Calories from fat 171 Fat 19 grams (wow that sounds bad, sorry) Fiber 0 grams Carbs 2.1 grams **We have this with potatoes (mashed, au gratin...etc)

No comments: