Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Eating Smart

So Brooke had a great idea. She (along with some others) had voiced concern about exchanging food when she is trying to watch her calories. (I'm just watching them as I quickly consume them...that was supposed to be humorous :) ) So she found a great website that calculates the nutritional value of a recipe. Just enter the ingredients of the recipe and it will calculate calories, fat, fiber, etc. So to help out all those calorie-conscious mom's here is the link.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/cookbooks.asp?cookbook=271006


I actually think that every recipe should be calculated this way. What do you think?

9 comments:

Savanna Sorensen said...

Does someone know how to make the website I added become a link that all we have to do is click on? Can you make it a gadget?

Savanna Sorensen said...

Okay, never mind. I figured it out. :)

Brandie said...

I was just trying to figure it out too. What did you do do they have a widget to put on the sidebar I couldn't see one on the site??

Savanna Sorensen said...

Under the Design menu I clicked on the format and it brought up the different widgits. One of them is to add a list of links. So the MMMM's Favorite Links on the right hand side of the screen is where we can add our favorite web links.

bskinn said...

My other thought with having this cookbook was that it is an easy place for us to put all of our recipes. We could all enter our recipes by the day of the meal exchange here. We could do paperless recipes here because we can easily go the link and view the recipes to see baking instructions and even rate the recipe directly in the cookbook. It was super easy to add my recipe and I love, love, love that it gives nutritional info!! It does a require a the set-up of a login, but I think it's worth it.

What does everyone think?

Nanci and Steve said...

this recipe site looks great. I like the idea of going paperless... one less thing to keep track of.

Savanna Sorensen said...

Yeah, I agree. I like the idea of going paperless. Than if I really wanted the recipe printed, I could do that myself.

Savanna Sorensen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tawni and Paul said...

I can't figure out how to add a recipe to the cookbook on this site. I logged in a created a recipe box, but can't find the cookbook.... sorry I'm slow