Friday, September 24, 2010

The Polls Have Spoken

Although there are still 3 days left to vote, it looks like everyone has voted and we seem split right down the middle. So in order to make it easier on everyone I've made the executive decision...we are dividing into two seperate groups. So here is what that means:

If you voted to stay in the group that caps at 20 then you will be staying with me in the MMMM group. We will continue to use this blog as our way of communication. Please be aware that this group can continue to grow up to 20 members maximum. So if you don't have the freezer space or don't think you can afford it than this is not the group for you.

We will still meet Monday October 11 at 9:30am at my house for our meal exchange. We will play by ear how often we meet, whether we meet every four weeks or every 6 weeks. That will just depend on how many members are in the group.

The guidelines are still the same except for one addition. We will continue to post our nutritional information for those that are intersted however we will not be posting our recipes and the nutritional information on another site. Feel free to use those websites to help you figure out the nutritional value or for your own personal use.

From now on we will be posting our recipes (that means the entire recipe and cooking instructions) along with the nutritional value on the blog. When you have decided what you are going to cook for the next exchange, create your own post, include the name of the recipe, the recipe itself, what you can serve with it, for instance Cola Chicken needs to go over rice, and the nutritional value of the recipe. That way there is no confusion as to what site we are using, not being able to enter the information on the site, or not being able to find other peoples' recipes. Let's just simplify!

To help me and the other members know who is cooking for October, please add your name to the Official Members of MMMM widget on the left hand side of the blog. Please have it entered by the end of this week, September 26, so that we can really have an idea of how many people want to be involved.

For those of you who voted to have smaller groups, we need a volunteer to be the group "captain" and start the new group. Feel free to use the blog idea or if anyone has any other ideas on how to get it started...feel free to do so. (And let me know what you find works better so that I can improve our group as well. :) )

I hope this helps accomodate everyone's needs and limitations. If I had it my way everyone would still be in one large group but I totally understand that for some it might be easier to be in a smaller group. I'm just glad that so many people are interested and hopefully this has and will help make our lives simplier in the end.

Please don't feel like you are hurting my feelings if you go to a different group or just don't want to participate at all. Again, I totally understand. My intent with this group was to make things easier not harder. If this group is not making your life easier than don't participate. It's not worth the hassle.

Also I hope that no one has been offended by this group or the splitting up of the group. That wasn't my intention. If anyone has been offended then know that I am sorry or let me know and I will personally apologize.

Okay , there you have it. I hope that was as clear as mud. Just keep me posted as to what you are going to do and please do it quickly so that everyone has time to get their meals ready for October.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If there is anyone who has e-mail addresses for everyone could you send out an e-mail. I just happened to look at the blog today and wouldn't have seen what is going on otherwise. I just want to make sure everyone knows what's going on. Thanks!